Click here to register!
Do you have a child who will be five (5) years old on or before September 1?
At Registration, we will:
- Need to complete online registration (InfoSnap: Click here to register)
- Screen your child for school readiness
- Answer questions you have about kindergarten
- Provide a list of school supplies
You must bring the items listed below for registration to be completed
A child enrolling in school for the first time will need to present the following prior to August 2019:
- An official birth certificate (state "certified" copy)
- Social Securtiy number (optional)
- Immunization card
- Guardianship papers if applicable
- 2 proofs of residence (please see below)
Students may only be enrolled by their birth parent or legal guardian. In the event a legal guardian is enrolling a child, he/she must provide the original copy of the court-ordered decree transferring guardianship or custody. The school will make a copy to maintain on file.
Proof of Residence
Parent(s) or Guardian(s) will need to provide the following information to the school on all kindergarten children. Even if an older brother or sister now attends Cottondale, current information must be provided.
1. Home ownership title - or deed to proptery - or lease/renal agreement; AND
2. Copy of current utility bill (i.e. power, gas, water)
All information must be in the name of the parent or legal guardian. A street address is required; PO boxes will not be accepted.
Call Cottondale Elementary School at 205-342-2642
As required by the Alabama Act 2012-402 and the federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015, the Alabama State Department of Education released the new Alabama Unified Report Card for the state, school systems, and schools. The grade received reflects several factors, including academic achievement, academic growth, chronic absenteeism, and English Language Proficiency. Overall, Cottondale Elementary School received a letter grade of a “D”, accumulating a total of 68 points on all indicators. While we are disappointed in our overall score, we also recognize that this score is only a snapshot of our overall school. Listed below are a few areas of focus for our school that we believe will help ALL students achieve academic success.
- Focus on Character Education and building relationships!
- Our school motto is “Cottondale CLIMBS! We care, lead, inspire, motivate, and believe so that together we all succeed!”
- One of our school goals is to make every student feel safe, loved, and welcome at our school. “No significant learning can occur without a significant relationship.” James Comer.
- Focus on Instruction
- Our teachers meet weekly in professional learning communities to analyze student data, plan instruction, and develop targeted focus groups to help each child succeed.
- Our teachers participate in ongoing professional development from our assistant principal and instructional coach to learn new instructional strategies to meet the needs of all students.
- Attendance Matters
- Chronic Absenteeism is defined by missing 15 or more days during a school year, regardless if it is excused or unexcused.
- Parents can help by ensuring that students are at school every day, all day.
The Scantron 2018-19 benchmark assessments have already shown improvement in both reading and math. If you have any questions concerning this report card or any area of our school, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for helping us reach our goals.
Cindy Montgomery, principal
Hope Robbins, assistant principal
Due to our Raptor system being updated all records have to be updated.
Everyone will need to scan in their licenses again.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
IMPORTANT HEALTH ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTATION/ NOTATION:
ANY STUDENT WITH NOTED HEALTH CONDITIONS ON THE HEALTH PORTION OF INFOSNAP/ HEALTH ASSESSMENT FORMS WILL REQUIRE VERIFICATION/ DOCUMENTATION FROM THEIR PHYSICIAN, PRIOR TO THE DEVELOPMENT OR CONTINUATION OF A HEALTH CARE-PLAN. PLEASE PROVIDE THE LATTER DOCUMENTATION TO YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL NURSE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, PREFERABLY PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
IF YOU RECEIVE A LETTER REGARDING YOUR CHILD(REN)’S IMMUNIZATION S (EXPIRED CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION) – YOU MUST PRESENT AN UPDATED CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION BEFORE YOUR CHILD(REN) WILL BE ALLOWED TO RECEIVE A SCHEDULE/ HOMEROOM TEACHER ASSIGNMENT IN AUGUST. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD(REN)’S SHOTS ARE BROUGHT UP-TO-DATE OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS. KEEP IN MIND – ALL 5th graders entering 6th grade NEXT School Year must have a TDAP immunization prior to entering 6th grade. Please contact your child’s Pediatrician or the local Tuscaloosa County Health Department to schedule an appointment.
Tuscaloosa County Health Department Immunization Clinics will be held every Thursday this Summer by appointment only for those with MEDICAID OR NO INSURANCE– MAKE YOUR CHILD’S APPOINTMENT EARLY by calling (205)562-6900.
- There is no charge for children covered by Medicaid, however, the Medicaid card must be presented.
- All other clients will likely be charged a fee, based on their income.
- Clients need to bring immunization records with them.
- Students with Private Insurance should see their Primary Physician.
Please continue to collect Box Tops! This is a major fundraiser for our school!
There are Box Tops to be found on LOTS of great products you use everyday! For a complete (and printable) list, click the link below!
Attending Non-Public Schooling in Alabama
Information regarding non-public schools (private, church, parochial, religious, on-site, on-line, private tutor and home study programs)
Infofinder I - Please click on the link for the online parent access for school bus routes.
Arrival and Dismissal
Please help us keep student arrival and dismissal safe and running as smoothly as possible by following our arrival and dismissal procedures. If you are unfamiliar with these procedures, you can see them by clicking here.
Now Collecting Tyson Labels
Tyson Project A+ products are in your grocer's freezer section. Look for Tyson products that display the logo. Each label is worth 24 cents! Click here to see what the labels look like and start clipping today!