2020 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge!
The 2020 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge is being held May 18 until July 31. There are “tons” of FREE learning resources for students to use.
Alabama parents now have access to many great online resources, which can help continue your child’s learning and skill building throughout the summer – while they are away from the classroom:
- Big Universe - 18,000+ eBooks and essential literacy tools
- Lexile and Find a Book Alabama – Customizable book-search tool, which allows students to build fantastic individual-reading lists
- Stride - Cool blend of online math, reading, language arts, and science practice for every student interest
- Fuel Education – Great personalized learning activities for all students!
- MetaMetrics and Quantile are presenting the 2020 Summer Math Challenge!
- Learn at Home with Alabama Public Television (APT) – great education resources and videos
- Local and Statewide Library Media resources
- Many more summer learning resources for students and parents to use!
Also, see the official news release and information here.
Please return all library books to school next week during your scheduled time to pick up report cards and personal items!
2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration is now open!
For more information, click here!
Supporting Each Other through COVID-19.
Access the following links for information on resources for you and your family during this time.
- A Guide to Supporting Each Other through COVID-19
- A Guide to Helping Each Other
- Food Resources (1 of 2)
- Food Resources (2 of 2)
Find out more information here.
Updated Grab and Go Meal Schedule
Meals will be served on Mondays ONLY beginning Monday, April 13th.
At that time, you will receive 5 days worth of meals (10 meals total).
Click here for a video from Indian River's Children's Services to their students and families!
Alabama Continuous Improvement Plan (ACIP)
The Alabama Continuous Improvement Plan is an ongoing plan that is created to guide the improvement efforts of our school. It is reviewed and revised on a regular basis. To view the current ACIP for Cottondale, click on the link below.
Parent Involvement at Cottondale!
- Accepting online pre-registration applications for 2020-2021 school year (for assistance with accessing online application contact local school/program)
- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/2/20 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information)
- No Registration Fee for this program
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
For more information from TCSS, click here.
InfoSnapThis year, TCSS is introducing a new tool to empower students tospeak up about bullyi ng and other concerns in our schools.To learn more click here.Attention Visitors!
Due to our Raptor system being updated all records have to be updated.
Everyone will need to scan in their licenses again.
We apologize for the inconvenience.IMPORTANT HEALTH ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTATION/ NOTATION:ANY STUDENT WITH NOTED HEALTH CONDITIONS ON THE HEALTH PORTION OF INFOSNAP/ HEALTH ASSESSMENT FORMS WILL REQUIRE VERIFICATION/ DOCUMENTATION FROM THEIR PHYSICIAN, PRIOR TO THE DEVELOPMENT OR CONTINUATION OF A HEALTH CARE-PLAN. PLEASE PROVIDE THE LATTER DOCUMENTATION TO YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL NURSE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, PREFERABLY PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
IF YOU RECEIVE A LETTER REGARDING YOUR CHILD(REN)’S IMMUNIZATION S (EXPIRED CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION) – YOU MUST PRESENT AN UPDATED CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION BEFORE YOUR CHILD(REN) WILL BE ALLOWED TO RECEIVE A SCHEDULE/ HOMEROOM TEACHER ASSIGNMENT IN AUGUST. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD(REN)’S SHOTS ARE BROUGHT UP-TO-DATE OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS. KEEP IN MIND – ALL 5th graders entering 6th grade NEXT School Year must have a TDAP immunization prior to entering 6th grade. Please contact your child’s Pediatrician or the local Tuscaloosa County Health Department to schedule an appointment.
Tuscaloosa County Health Department Immunization Clinics will be held every Thursday this Summer by appointment only for those with MEDICAID OR NO INSURANCE– MAKE YOUR CHILD’S APPOINTMENT EARLY by calling (205)562-6900.
Please continue to collect Box Tops! This is a major fundraiser for our school!There are Box Tops to be found on LOTS of great products you use everyday! For a complete (and printable) list, click the link below!
- There is no charge for children covered by Medicaid, however, the Medicaid card must be presented.
- All other clients will likely be charged a fee, based on their income.
- Clients need to bring immunization records with them.
- Students with Private Insurance should see their Primary Physician.
Attending Non-Public Schooling in AlabamaInformation regarding non-public schools (private, church, parochial, religious, on-site, on-line, private tutor and home study programs)Transportation Information:Infofinder I - Please click on the link for the online parent access for school bus routes.
Arrival and DismissalPlease help us keep student arrival and dismissal safe and running as smoothly as possible by following our arrival and dismissal procedures. If you are unfamiliar with these procedures, you can see them by clicking here.
Now Collecting Tyson LabelsTyson Project A+ products are in your grocer's freezer section. Look for Tyson products that display the logo. Each label is worth 24 cents! Click here to see what the labels look like and start clipping today!
INOW The STI HOME component of INOW is now available for use by parents and students. Click on the yellow INOW link to login. To use the program you must first obtain a user name and password, which will be sent home from the schools.For detailed instructions on how to access INOW Parent Portal click here. INOW Parent Portal can be accessed through any device with internet access, including smartphones and iPads. If your child’s information is not available, please contact that school for assistance.