Graduation Updates 6-24
Parents and Seniors,
It has come to our attention that one of our seniors received positive results from the COVID-19 test after practice on Tuesday. This information was sent to our Central Office and from there went into consultation with the Health Department. We have been advised that we may continue with our graduation on Friday. We are to continue with social distancing guidelines:
- The five guest receiving tickets of each student must sit together.
- Each group of guest must sit 6 feet away from the next group of guest.
- We request that seniors and their guest wear mask. This is for your safety as well as others.
- Please make all of your guest aware of the guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to our seniors' special night.
GraduationSeniors and Parents,Congratulations for reaching this very special milestone "Graduation." The ceremony is scheduled on Tuesday, June 23, at 7:30 pm in the Wildcat Stadium.
Thank you and GO Wildcats!
- The practice is Monday, June 22 at 7:00 pm. Seniors, please arrive 10 minutes early, find your name and number on the list and report to your chair on the field. Students must attend practice in order to participate in the graduation ceremony
- If there is inclement weather, the ceremony will be held on Friday, June 26, at 7:30 pm.
- After further revisions on seating, each student will receive five (5) tickets. They will be given out at the practice. Guest must have a school issued ticket for entrance into the stadium. Gates will open at 6:00 pm for entrance into the stadium. Guests whose graduates' last name fall between A - Law will enter at the home ticket booth. Guests whose graduates' last name fall between Lev - Z will enter at the visitors' ticket booth.
- Please pay close attention for call outs and visit the school's website at countyhigh.com for any changes due to inclement weather.
2020-21 Virtual Learning
“For the fourth year, the Tuscaloosa County School System is pleased to offer the TCSS Virtual Learning Program for students entering grades 9-12. Students in this program complete all coursework online through ACCESS Distance Learning while remaining students in their high schools. The application period is June 9 through July 31. For more information and to apply, please visit www.tcss.net and click on the “students and families” tab.”
Today, our state is officially kicking-off the 2020 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge!
For an exciting eighth year, ALSDE has partnered with some of the country’s leading education organizations to “minimize the summer learning slide.”
The 2020 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge is being held May 18 until July 31. There are “tons” of FREE learning resources for students to use.
Alabama parents now have access to many great online resources, which can help continue their child’s learning and skill building throughout the summer – while they are away from the classroom:
- Big Universe - 18,000+ eBooks and essential literacy tools
- Lexile and Find a Book Alabama – Customizable book-search tool, which allows students to build fantastic individual-reading lists
- Stride - Cool blend of online math, reading, language arts, and science practice for every student interest
- Fuel Education – Great personalized learning activities for all students!
- MetaMetrics and Quantile are presenting the 2020 Summer Math Challenge!
- Learn at Home with Alabama Public Television (APT) – great education resources and videos
- Local and Statewide Library Media resources
- Many more summer learning resources for students and parents to use!
The 2020 Summer Learning Challenge webpage is located at https://www.alsde.edu/sec/comm/Pages/summer-learning.aspx
Also, see the official news release and information
TCHS Students & Faculty Support Faucett-Vestavia Elementary during Read Across America
TCHS appreciates our Adopt-A-School partners, Wells Fargo Bank and FIS Global. Wells Fargo and FIS Global support the TCHS faculty, staff, and students through service and monetary support that provide grounds upkeep, student incentives, and student recognitions such as Student of the Month lunches as well as a scholarship for a graduating senior. We are thankful for their partnership and support.