Any student wishing to enroll in the following CTE courses will need to complete and return an application BEFORE Jan 29th.
Education and Training
Applications can be requested from CTE teacher in person or via link below:
Students DE deadlines are quickly approaching. NOV 6th is the last day to apply for a DE Scholarship.
If you are a Current DE student at Shelton and wish to continue DE in the Spring you must complete the online Dual Enrollment approval form and electronically sign the form BEFORE NOVEMBER 14th. Enrollment closes NOV 14th. In the counselor section please put Julie McGillivray, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you submit the form it will email you a copy to sign electronically. Once every party has signed an approval form will be emailed to email@example.com. All students must have a signed electronic approval form before Shelton will register for classes.
AUGUST, 2020 UPDATES
All students must complete INFOSNAP before August 20th. If you do not have access, please call the school to make an appointment from 9-2 on Wednesday, August 5th through Friday, August 7th. If you need your child’s Snap Code, please call the school or email Mrs. Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedules will be mailed on August 12th to the address listed. Schedule changes will be limited due to capacity limits in classes. Students who have an incorrect schedule should contact the appropriate grade level counselor.
We will send out directions for how to pay student fees with schedules.
Remote or Traditional:
If you did not complete the survey for how your child will receive instruction, please contact the office or click here to submit a response. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=zzvKRStxUE66ywQ1mVYaSBwUv1sEEfZAgRTu3uszoYNUOFVKUURKRzc0TlRUOTdXVzgyVU00VDNaQy4u
Students who selected the virtual option will be Remote and will be assigned a TCHS teacher. Students who have already submitted the survey may change at the end of each nine weeks.
The state department has created a waiver that allows ONLY senior students to be on campus for the classes that they need for graduation for this year. We will be extremely limited to change schedules to have classes only in the morning or the afternoon. If you need to request a transcript, please go to parchment.com and create your account
On Campus Parking:
To register to park a vehicle on campus, please click here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=zzvKRStxUE66ywQ1mVYaSBwUv1sEEfZAgRTu3uszoYNUNTJYU0dBODUySklNQ1BKS0VWMUVUN0RDSi4u
This year we are allowing seniors to paint their parking spots!! Please click on link below for more information!
Deadline has been extended! You can still sign up to paint your spot!!
TCHS Students & Faculty Support Faucett-Vestavia Elementary during Read Across America
TCHS appreciates our Adopt-A-School partners, Wells Fargo Bank and FIS Global. Wells Fargo and FIS Global support the TCHS faculty, staff, and students through service and monetary support that provide grounds upkeep, student incentives, and student recognitions such as Student of the Month lunches as well as a scholarship for a graduating senior. We are thankful for their partnership and support.
February is National Career Technical Education Month.
Stay tuned for fun facts concerning student achievement as it relates to CTE.
Bulletin-- Monday, Jan. 11, 2021
- TusCoHi yearbook staff is in need of photos that were taken during the quarantine or over the summer. Photos should be "quarantine specific" and reflect things you did because of quarantine or things you saw during this time. Also, if you are a remote learner, feel free to submit photos of yourself learning remotely. This can include you working at your home computer, or how you have completed your home assignments. All photos need to be submitted NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, JANUARY 22nd to be included in the yearbook. Follow the directions on how to submit photos.
Directions on How to Submit Photos:
- Download the Balfour ImageShare App
- Create a free account
- Enter the school code - 127029
- Begin uploading photos from your phone.
- Identify yourself or others in the picture, as well as where the picture was taken
- Soccer tryouts will be today and tomorrow at the football stadium weather permitting. You must have signed up with coach Tidwell and Adkins and have a current physical
- Congratulations to the January Students of the Month!
9th Grade - Noah Walker, Jordan Joyce
10th Grade - Clayton Allen, Miya Ba
11th Grade - Raj Patel, Samantha Skramstad
12th Grade - Makyian Sealey, Hannah Calvin
Teacher - Ms. Taylor Cook
- Are you interested in learning more about the medical field? Then check out Health Science! Applications may be picked up from Mrs. Workman in room 1206 or from the bulletin board outside her classroom. Applications and teacher recommendations are due back by Friday, January 29th.
- Do you like working with kids? Have you ever thought about being a teacher or coach? Applications are now available to join the Education & Training program for next school year. You can pick up an application from Mrs. Riedels room 1303 to join the Education & Training program. Applications are due January 29th.
- THE LAST DAY TO ORDER A YEARBOOK IS FRIDAY, JANUARY 29TH. NO YEARBOOKS WILL BE SOLD AFTER THIS DAY. THE COST OF THE YEARBOOKS IS $65. STUDENTS MAY BRING A CHECK TO MRS. COOPER OR ORDER ONLINE USING THE LINK FOUND ON THE SCHOOL WEBSITE.
- Any students interested in learning the high demand and high wage career of cosmetology, please sign up with Mr. Murray in Room 1305, or Mrs. McGillivray in Room 1408.
Today’s lunch menu is:
Philly Cheese steak
As you know, this school year looks different than in the past. We will all be working together to keep everyone as safe as possible. Please note the new signage and hand sanitizing stations all over the school.
- Stay to the right while walking down the hallways
- social distance as much as possible
- wear your mask over your nose and mouth at all times
- use hand sanitizer and wash your hands often
TCHS appreciates our Adopt-A-School partner, Wells Fargo Bank. Wells Fargo supports the TCHS faculty, staff, and students through service and monetary support that provide grounds upkeep, student incentives, and student recognitions such as Student of the Month and a scholarship for a graduating senior. We are thankful for their partnership and support.