Tuscaloosa County High School Summer Class Offerings
TCHS will offer some great learning opportunities for our students this coming summer. We have set classes up with our students’ needs in mind. We have classes to help those students who might need a little bit of extra help with certain topics. We have classes for those who want to explore new things. We also have classes to help students prepare for the ACT.
Summer class Facts:
- This is a separate program from our Credit Recovery.
- The class times will be from 8:30am-11:00am for the morning and 12:30pm-3:00pm for the afternoon.
- If the class is offered during both times slots, we will only offer it for the slot that fills up with students.
- Students can arrive and eat breakfast and lunch on campus if they prefer.
- We will not provide transportation.
- There is no credit awarded for these classes
- You can sign up on the link on our website and Schoology.
- June Session June 14-25 and the July Session is July 7-23.
- We will post a list of which classes make prior to the week of June 14th.
For a descriptive list of which classes are available, click TCHS Summer Class List
To sign up, click TCHS Summer Classes Registration
ALL Kids Health Insurance
Does your child need health insurance? All Kids offers low cost health insurance to children up to age 19.
Applicants must be an Alabama resident, a US citizen or eligible immigrant, under age 19, not have any other health insurance coverage, not be a resident in an institution, and not be covered by or eligible for Medicaid.
Benefits include doctor visits, regular checkups, immunizations, prescriptions, vision care, dental care, hospitalization, mental health services, substance abuse services, emergency services, and more.
All Kids yearly premiums are either $52 or $104 per child, determined by the ALL Kids fee group. Small copays may be required at the time of service.
Apply online at https://www.alabamapublichealth.gov/allkids/ or call 1-888-373-5437 for more information.
TCHS Students & Faculty Support Faucett-Vestavia Elementary during Read Across America
TCHS appreciates our Adopt-A-School partners, Wells Fargo Bank and FIS Global. Wells Fargo and FIS Global support the TCHS faculty, staff, and students through service and monetary support that provide grounds upkeep, student incentives, and student recognitions such as Student of the Month lunches as well as a scholarship for a graduating senior. We are thankful for their partnership and support.