Headlines & Features
Holt Studio 26 Helps Students Celebrate Special Occasions
Learn more about Holt Studio 26, which offers Tuscaloosa County students the opportunity to borrow formal wear, regardless of need or where they go to school.
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration Is April 5
We're excited to welcome our new kindergarten students & families! Learn more about the kindergarten registration process.
2023-2024 Academic Calendar Approved
View the TCSS Academic Calendar for the next school year.
2022-2023 Bus Registration
Visit this page to register your student for bus transportation.
Report Safety Concerns Confidentially
Learn how to use SpeakUp for Safety to report concerns about bullying, students in crisis, and other school safety concerns.
Learn More & Complete Your Application
Learn more about free & reduced-price meal benefits for the upcoming school year.
2022-2023 TCSS Academic Calendar
View the TCSS Academic Calendar for 2022-2023.
Check Out the Latest TCSS News
Visit our News & Announcements section for more on what's happening across TCSS.
Learn More About Neighborhood Bridges
Neighborhood Bridges is an organization that allows our community to share kindness with our students in a quick and efficient way.
FY 2020 Accountability Reports
Fiscal year 2020 Accountability Reports are available for viewing on our web site.
TCSS Strategic Plan: Cultivating Tomorrow's Future
Learn more about the strategy that will guide the work of TCSS over the next five years.
Walker News & Announcements
The TCSS Connect Initiative has issued iPads to all kindergarten through fifth grade students. Here are some key things to remember:
- Students in grades 3-5 will be eligible to bring these ipads home.
- Not all iPad cases will look the same.
- The iPad is a "required, educational tool", like a textbook.
- "If an iPad is damaged, destroyed, or lost, the cost to repair or replace the device will be the responsibility of the student and their parent or guardian."
- Optional insurance is available for $50 per student. You may pay by cash, check or myschoolbucks.
- Students in grades 3-5 are expected to have their iPad at school each day, fully charged. The charger, supplied by the district, will be kept at home.
- If there is an attempt to access inappropriate content on the device, the content will be blocked, just like it would be at school, and the school will receive an alert.
- Devices must be returned if a student withdraws from a school or at the end of the student's term at a school (5th graders).
Click here for an informative video about the iPad initiative, TCSS Connect.
Visit this page for more information about TCSS Connect.
April 7, 2023