Academic Session 2021-2022 Registration
Cottondale Open House 2021!All students and parents are invited to meet their teachers and explore the school at our Open House on Tuesday, August 10th from 4:00-6:00 PM!
- Classroom rolls will be posted on grade level hallways
- Snacks and drinks will be provided in the cafeteria
- Extended day sign-up will be available in the cafeteria. A registration fee of $12 is due at the time of sign-up! We will accept cash or check. Please make checks payable to Cottondale Elementary!
School supplies will be provided again this year by Skyland Baptist Church and Westervelt!
Find out more information here.
Click here for a video from Indian River's Children's Services to their students and families!
Alabama Continuous Improvement Plan (ACIP)
The Alabama Continuous Improvement Plan is an ongoing plan that is created to guide the improvement efforts of our school. It is reviewed and revised on a regular basis. To view the current ACIP for Cottondale, click on the link below.
Parent Involvement at Cottondale!
- Accepting online pre-registration applications for 2020-2021 school year (for assistance with accessing online application contact local school/program)
- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/2/20 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information)
- No Registration Fee for this program
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
For more information from TCSS, click here.
InfoSnapThis year, TCSS is introducing a new tool to empower students tospeak up about bullyi ng and other concerns in our schools.To learn more click here.Attention Visitors!
Due to our Raptor system being updated all records have to be updated.
Everyone will need to scan in their licenses again.
We apologize for the inconvenience.IMPORTANT HEALTH ASSESSMENT DOCUMENTATION/ NOTATION:ANY STUDENT WITH NOTED HEALTH CONDITIONS ON THE HEALTH PORTION OF INFOSNAP/ HEALTH ASSESSMENT FORMS WILL REQUIRE VERIFICATION/ DOCUMENTATION FROM THEIR PHYSICIAN, PRIOR TO THE DEVELOPMENT OR CONTINUATION OF A HEALTH CARE-PLAN. PLEASE PROVIDE THE LATTER DOCUMENTATION TO YOUR CHILD’S SCHOOL NURSE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, PREFERABLY PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL.
IF YOU RECEIVE A LETTER REGARDING YOUR CHILD(REN)’S IMMUNIZATION S (EXPIRED CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION) – YOU MUST PRESENT AN UPDATED CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION BEFORE YOUR CHILD(REN) WILL BE ALLOWED TO RECEIVE A SCHEDULE/ HOMEROOM TEACHER ASSIGNMENT IN AUGUST. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD(REN)’S SHOTS ARE BROUGHT UP-TO-DATE OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS. KEEP IN MIND – ALL 5th graders entering 6th grade NEXT School Year must have a TDAP immunization prior to entering 6th grade. Please contact your child’s Pediatrician or the local Tuscaloosa County Health Department to schedule an appointment.
Tuscaloosa County Health Department Immunization Clinics will be held every Thursday this Summer by appointment only for those with MEDICAID OR NO INSURANCE– MAKE YOUR CHILD’S APPOINTMENT EARLY by calling (205)562-6900.
Please continue to collect Box Tops! This is a major fundraiser for our school!There are Box Tops to be found on LOTS of great products you use everyday! For a complete (and printable) list, click the link below!
- There is no charge for children covered by Medicaid, however, the Medicaid card must be presented.
- All other clients will likely be charged a fee, based on their income.
- Clients need to bring immunization records with them.
- Students with Private Insurance should see their Primary Physician.
Attending Non-Public Schooling in AlabamaInformation regarding non-public schools (private, church, parochial, religious, on-site, on-line, private tutor and home study programs)Transportation Information:Infofinder I - Please click on the link for the online parent access for school bus routes.
Arrival and DismissalPlease help us keep student arrival and dismissal safe and running as smoothly as possible by following our arrival and dismissal procedures. If you are unfamiliar with these procedures, you can see them by clicking here.
Now Collecting Tyson LabelsTyson Project A+ products are in your grocer's freezer section. Look for Tyson products that display the logo. Each label is worth 24 cents! Click here to see what the labels look like and start clipping today!
INOW The STI HOME component of INOW is now available for use by parents and students. Click on the yellow INOW link to login. To use the program you must first obtain a user name and password, which will be sent home from the schools.For detailed instructions on how to access INOW Parent Portal click here. INOW Parent Portal can be accessed through any device with internet access, including smartphones and iPads. If your child’s information is not available, please contact that school for assistance.