Please make sure you are signed up for my counselor REMIND
If you have not signed up for my Counselor Remind and you would like to, the codes are listed below. Text the code for your grade level to 81010.
Please login to schoology to see moreThis scholarship is available to all high school seniors and current college students. Those who have been affected by a car accident injury, or know someone who has been affected are encouraged to apply. We understand how difficult it can be to pay for college and law school, and we want to help someone afford a better education
Here are some brief notes on this scholarship:
$1,000 (One-time award)
Due May 31, 2021
Must be attending a 4-yr college/university or 2-yr community college for Fall 2021
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted2. Welding Scholarship
The Alabama Iron & Steel Council is awarding scholarships to Alabama community college students with an academic interest in iron and steel manufacturing.
Submit your scholarship application by May 1st to spark your career! Average wage provided by AISC Core Member companies is $95,795/year. Career iron and steel manufacturing teammates typically earn more than $100K/year.
Qualifying scholarship applicants:
- Must enroll in an Alabama Community College.
- Should enroll in a mechanical, electrical or similar industrial technology, maintenance or engineering program related to iron and steel manufacturing.
For more information about the Alabama Iron & Steel Council, its members and the expectations of scholarship applicants, visit AlabamaIronAndSteelCouncil.com.
3. Automotive Scholarships https://dreamitdoitalabama.com/aama/
- Must be a resident of Alabama
- High School Senior or College Freshman
- Must have a 2.5 overall GPA
- Plans to pursue an automotive manufacturing related career in Alabama
- Applicants must have a declared major in one of the approved scholarship related programs:
- Automotive Manufacturing Technology
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Automotive Service Technician
- Computer Numerical Control
- Engineering Technology
- Industrial Electronics Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Injection Molding
- Machine Shop/Tool Technology
- Manufacturing Technology
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Welding Technology
- Other Automotive Technology Related Programs May be Considered
- Applicant must submit required application documentation packet by stated deadline (includes headshot photo)
- Applicant must be willing to participate with their assigned mentor
- Applicant is required to communicate with AAMA and ACCS to provide pertinent information
Here are the steps: Submit a completed application packet by the deadline including:
Completed application with resume. A maximum 500-word essay telling why you want to work in Alabama’s automotive Industry.
One (1) signed reference letter. Either an unofficial High School or a College transcript. And a headshot photo.
Just a small amount of time gets you a chance at a $3,600 scholarship.
4. ASF Scholarship
The ASF Foundation has a great scholarship opportunity available for this school year! They've provided some information below about their Student Ambassador program below! Interested students must fill out their interest form (https://www.jotform.com/ASFFoundation/Student_Ambassador_Application) no later than September 8 to be considered an Ambassador for the 2020-21 school year.
5. Prudential Spirit of the Community Award
****These are the scholarships from 2019/2020! I'm leaving them here so you can see what may apply to you this year. I will update as things come out.****
1. High School students interested in attending UA are invited to attend an ASAP (Alumni Scholarship Assistance Program) session.
Sunday, October 27, 2019 at 4:00pm
Moody Music Building
RSVP at alumni.ua.edu/scholarships/asap
See what scholarships are available and discover ways for your application to stand out!
2. Prudential Spirit of the Community Award. Read about how to apply. Deadline is November 5th, 2019. Open to students in grades 5-12.
3. Alabama Associateion of Federal Education Program Administrators
4. Bevill State Scholarship Info
Seniors and Senior Parents: Look at the link for scholarships associated with Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). Apply for what you can.
6. Montevallo-Academic leadership scholarship requirement-21 ACT score (superscore). Scholarship deadline is Feb 1.
7. Scholarship Opp: Deadline of January 15. Essay required. gwcf.org. Requirements attached
8. Scholarship Application Dates- Entering Freshmen Fall 2020
The University of Alabama
Closes: December 15
*Students must have applied to UA and be admitted before they can access the scholarship application. Don’t forget, this application is in addition to the scholarship you may receive when you apply based on your ACT score. https://scholarships.ua.edu/freshman/
The University of North Alabama
Closes: February 1
*Students interested must also submit their resume by this date. No additional scholarship application is required. Apply at una.edu/apply
The University of West Alabama
Opens: September 15
Closes: April 15
Shelton State Community College
Opens: January 1
Closes: March 1
*Apply at https://sheltonstate.awardspring.com. You must have a Shelton username and password in order to apply. A transcript MUST be uploaded within the application. Foundational scholarships are available in addition to the ones on awardspring. You can apply for those at https://www.sheltonstate.edu/about-us/development/shelton-state-community-college-foundation/sscc-foundation-scholarships/.
Walk-In Scholarship Application Help Sessions
January 9, 2019 – February 27, 2019
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Martin Campus – Room 2262
February 4, 2019 – February 25, 2019
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Bevill State Community College
Closes: January 15
*Apply online at www.bscc.edu/scholarships. A transcript MUST be uploaded within the application. Bevill also offers foundational scholarships students can apply for. Apply at www.bscc.edu/foundation-scholarships.
Closes: December 1
*Includes submission of application and ALL required documentation. https://www.uab.edu/students/paying-for-college/scholarships/act-gpa-based-scholarships-alabama-residents
9. Smith Scholarship Foundation
DEADLINE JANUARY 10, 2020 – DEADLINE JANUARY 10, 2020
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS, PARENTS, TEACHERS
AND SERVICE PROVIDERS
The Smith Scholarship Foundation will begin accepting on-line Applications on October 1, 2019 for the Smith Scholarship Program. The Smith Scholarship Foundation Program is an Accountability Scholarship Program providing assistance to High School Seniors who have “given back” to their community through volunteer activities or by caring for family while overcoming financial and personal challenges.
The SSF Programs provide up to $15,000 a year in financial assistance plus opportunities for study abroad, professional training through its Internship Program as well as valuable assistance from Mentors who counsel and assist students with academic, personal and professional obstacles. All assistance is subject to strict compliance with SSF Guidelines. SSF is a last dollar supplemental scholarship.
Please visit our website today at www.smithscholarships.com for additional information. Look in the shaded box to the left and click on “Most Frequently Asked Questions” for more information.
APPLY EARLY! EARLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVE MORE REVIEWS AND MOST PAST WINNERS APPLIED EARLY.
APPLICATIONS WITH LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY: January 10, 2020.
Proof of Filing FASFA must be submitted with SSF Scholarship Application. Student Aid Report (“SAR’s”) must be attached to the application
Notice: Applications for Pell Grant and State SEOG Grants will be accepted October 1, 2010 for aid in the 2020-21 school year. Remind your students to apply as soon as possible for their governmental aid. Early applications can qualify for additional funding up to $2,000.
10. Quest Bridge Scholarship Opportunity
11. Look at the link for scholarships associated with Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). Apply for what you can.
12. Horation Alger: scholars.horatioalger.org.
13. Gp to www.dialmycalls.com/scholarship.html
14. Interested in a manufacturing related field?
Apply for a scholarship: https://dreamitdoitalabama.com/aama/#sign-up
Apply by Nov 15
15. Lots of info on this website. Check it out.
16. DAR Christopher Columbus Essay Contest. All grades. Due November 22. See Mrs. Hamner for more details or check Remind.
17. FBLA Scholarship. Check email or Remind for Application or see Mrs. Hamner. For seniors. Deadline of December 15.
18. National Wild Turkey Federation Scholarship. For Seniors. Deadline is December 31st. Don't wait till the deadline as their may be things needed from the counselor for the application. Check email or Remind for application or see Mrs. Hamner.
19. Coolidge Scholarship for Juniors
21. Free Scholarship Website: www.fastweb.com
Create a profile and learn about scholarships that apply to you.
22. College Counts: treasury.alabama.gov/collegecounts-scholarships
Minimum ACT score-26, 2.75 GPA, Deadline Feb. 27th, 2020
23. The Alabama Center for Architecture is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks to advance the enjoyment of architecture and design through engagement, education and collaboration. Per that mission, we offer scholarships for high school seniors and current enrollees from Alabama who have been accepted to an accredited school of architecture. This opportunity is also available to Alabama residents earning a Master of Architecture from an accredited architecture program.
In 2019 the ACFA awarded $8,500 in scholarships, and since its creation in 2006, we have awarded $86,250 in scholarships to architecture students. These funds are made possible through our annual golf tournament, scholarship grants from the American Institute of Architects, and generous donations of patrons and sponsors.
The scholarship application is enclosed, and it is also available online at www.alcfa.org/scholarships/acfa-scholarship.
24. RCU will award two $2,500 college tuition scholarships to graduating high school seniors this spring. To be eligible, the student or a member of his or her immediate family must be a member in good standing of the credit union. Immediate family is considered the mother, father, brother, sister, or grandparent of the student. Applications will be available on or before January 6th at area high schools and all locations of RiverFall. No minimum GPA, ACT, or SAT score is required, however, academic performance as well as leadership, community service, and financial need will be considered. Completed applications must be received in our downtown office located at 2520 6th Street in Tuscaloosa no later than March 6th 2020. See Mrs. Hamner for an application.
25. I'm happy to share with you a unique opportunity for your most creative students: The Jim Harrell Poetry Prize for entering freshmen at the University of Montevallo. This vibrant program has awarded thousands of dollars in scholarships to student poets since its establishment more than a decade ago. Through the generosity of James N. Harrell, we can offer a $2000 scholarship for the contest-winning poem, and a $1000 scholarship for second place. We established the contest and the scholarships expressly with entering freshmen in mind, as an encouragement to pursue poetry at the college level. And we know that both the recognition and the funding can make a huge difference in getting the good start at college that every entering student needs.
If you advise creative writers, or if you have teachers at your school who do, please share this fantastic opportunity with them! A PDF with the application information is attached. For more information, please contact Jim Murphy, Professor of English, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-665-6431.
26. DCH Foundation Scholarship. Seniors. See Mrs. Hamner or check your emails.
27. Sandra Baker Scholarsship-PRIDE of Tuscaloosa. Seniors. Check your emails or see Mrs. Hamner. http://www.prideoftuscaloosa.org/
28. Mercedes ScholarshipCriteria:1. Graduating Alabama senior2. Attending high school in Tuscaloosa or Jefferson County3. planning to enroll in a full-time accredited two or four year college, university, or vocational technical school by Fall 2020Application deadline is March 16, 2020Apply at www.mbusi.com>located under MBUSI>Corporate Info>Scholarships29. Foundational Scholarships at Shelton. The link is below.https://www.sheltonstate.edu/about-us/development/shelton-state-community-college-foundation/sscc-foundation-scholarships/This is in addition to the institutional scholarship application. If you plan to attend Shelton State Community College, make sure you apply for both. Both of the applications close March 1, 2020.30. Riverview Orthodontics is offering a scholarship for a senior that meets the following criteria:
Application packet is attached.Riverview Orthodontic Scholarship Application31. Alabama School Public Relations Association 2020 Scholarship-must be interested in pursuing a public relations major, communication major-high school junior or senior-Min GPA of 3.0-Find complete details and application at www.alspra.org32. Alabama State University ScholarshipScholarship Application33. PB&J Scholarship-Amount: $500-$1000-Must have faced and overcome challenges and have the drive to succeed-2 or 4 year school-Due May 31st, 202034. American Legion Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarship-Amount: $1,000-Deadline: March 1, 2020-Requirements: Must be a registered active member of a scouts troop35. Bernie Varnadore Scholarship Programhttp://baseball.dixie.org-Amount: 11 awards of $1250-Deadline: April 1, 2020-Requirements: Must have participated in a franchised Dixie Boys Baseball orogram; have strong school and community leadership; must demonstrate financial need36. Haynes Life Flight 2 Memorial Scholarshipwww.cacfinfo.org-Amount: $2000-Deadline: March 1-Requirements: Must be a high school senior; pursue a degree in nursing or EMT certification; minimum 3,0 GPA37. Alabama Homebuilders Foundation Scholarshipwww.ahbfoundation.org-Amount: Varies-Deadline: March 15-Requirements: Must be a high school senior and resident of Alanama; must be enrolling in or attending an accredited junior college, technical school or university in Alabama; must be enrolling in a residential construction related field38. Southern Automotive Women's Forumwww.southernautomotivewomen.org/scholarship/-Amount: $1,000-$5,000-Deadline: March 6-Requirements: Must be a female high school senior enrolling in an Alabama College or University; minimum 2.5 GPA; must be pursuing a STEM (Science, technology, engineering and math) or automotive field39. Go build Alabama Student of the Month Scholarshipwww.gobuildalabama.com/educators/student-of-the-month/-Amount: $1000-Deadline: Monthly (September-April)-Requirements: Must be a junior or senior interested in a career in the construction industry, ideally with plans to pursue after graduation; enrolled in related technical courses; scholarship money must be used at an education institute or training program for construction-related training.
- Scholastic Standing
- Evidence of Leadership and Potential
- Financial Need
- Existing or Previous patient of Dr. Mike Upton or Riverview Orthodontics.
40. Kids Chance Scholarship
-Deadline: May 1
-Requirements: Must be a legal resident of Alabama; must be a student whose parent or parents have been permanently disabled or killed on the job
41. Alabama Scholarship for Dependents of Blind Parents
-Amount: Tuition and fees
-Requirements: Must be a student from a family in which the head of the family is blind and whose family income is insufficient to provide educational benefits.
42. Police officers and firefighter’s Survivors Educational Assistance Program
-Amount: Tuition, fees, books and supplies
-Requirements: Must be a student who is a dependent of an Alabama Police Officer or Firefighter killed in the line of duty.
43. Alabama GI Dependents’ Educational benefit Program
-Amount: Tuition, fees and book assistance
-Requirements: Must be an Alabama resident and a child of an eligible Alabama veteran
44. Countdown-to-College Scholarship
-Deadline: May 4
-Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school student
45. AIAC Commission
-Amount: Up to $2000
-Requirements: Must be an Alabama high school senior, enrolled in a federal/state recognized tribe for a minimum of 3 years