Transitioning to middle school can be hard on students, as well as their parents. Here are a few tips and websites that provide information on making it an easier transition.TIPS FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL TRANSITION
Middle school is a great opportunity to meet new people and begin to explore who you are and what you want to do with the rest of your life. It can also be a difficult time, as there are a lot of things that are changing in your life. You are meeting new people; there are more choices and decisions to make. Instead of being on one classroom with one teacher all day, you now have 6 or more teachers. You no longer stay in one classroom; you have to switch for each subject. Teachers will expect more of you, and your parents will too. You will be faced with more responsibilities. Here are a few tips to help you with the middle school transition. Don’t be afraid to ask your teachers, counselors, or staff at your school if you need help.
1. Get organized
a. Use your planner
b. Use folders and notebooks for each subject
c. Keep your locker and back pack cleaned out
d. Use different color folders for each class
2. Do your homework In middle school teachers expect more of you. You will have more homework. Schedule your time wisely. Allot a certain amount of time each time for homework and study. Don’t wait until an assignment is due, start early. Keep track of your homework assignments.
3. Talk to your teachers: Ask questions. If you are unsure of your assignment, what you need to be doing, or of anything, just ask. The teachers are there to help you. If you do not understand something, ask them.
4. Get involved in extra-curricular activities, join in. Find things that you enjoy, sports, clubs, activities, and get involved. This is a great way to meet new people and to have fun.
5. Get good grades If you start to fall behind, catch up. Turn your homework in on time and ask questions.
6. Stay healthy. Get good nights sleep and eat a good breakfast before school.
7. Talk to your parents; let them know what is going on.
8. Find an adult you trust to talk to when you have problems.
9. Choose your friends wisely. Don’t choose friends who make bad decisions.
10. Come to school and have fun. You can’t learn if you are not there.Youtube video about moving on to the middle schoolhttp://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=transitioning+to+the+middle+school&adlt=strict&view=detail&mid=76F765B259A3C6CFE14976F765B259A3C6CFE149&FORM=VRDGARhttp://www.scholastic.com/parents/resources/article/back-to-school/making-transition Parent informationhttp://pbskids.org/itsmylife/school/middleschool/ Kid's information and gameshttp://tcss.schoolwires.net/Domain/13 Collins Riverside Middle School's Website