TCSS VLP Information and Application Procedure
Thank you for your interest in the TCSS Virtual Learning Program. The application window for the 2022-2023 academic year is officially closed. No further applications will be accepted.
Through the TCSS Virtual Learning Program, the Tuscaloosa County School System provides students in grades 9-12 the option to complete courses by way of an online platform. The virtual courses align with Alabama College and Career Ready Standards.
The TCSS Virtual Learning Program offers students the benefits of flexibility and program customization. Students who utilize the virtual program also assume increased responsibility in personal time management, organization, self-direction, and personal discipline to complete course and school requirements. Applicants for the Virtual Learning Program must meet the requirements outlined at the bottom of this page. To learn much more about the program, visit the Virtual Learning Handbook link at the bottom of this page.
The Virtual Learning Program is different from the remote learning TCSS offered during the 2020-2021 school year, as the Virtual Learning Program is provided through ACCESS Virtual Learning and requires a year-long commitment from the student.
As we plan for the 2022-2023 school year, TCSS does not intend to offer remote learning options outside of the TCSS Virtual Learning Program.
Requirements for TCSS Virtual Learning Program Applicants:
- Applicants for the 2022-2023 TCSS Virtual Learning Program must be entering grades 9-12 and meet all criteria for enrollment in the Tuscaloosa County School System.
- Applicants must be “on cohort,” meaning that they cannot be a grade level behind.
- Applicants must apply by Friday, April 29, 2022.
- Applicants must attend a mandatory orientation session Friday, July 29, 2022.
- Instruction is provided through ACCESS Virtual Learning.
- Students in the TCSS Virtual Learning Program must report to a specified TCSS site on a weekly basis for test supervision.
- The TCSS Virtual Learning Program requires a full-year commitment. Students may not change learning pathways after the first five days of school.
- If you have questions, please contact Jackie Hudgins, TCSS Director of Accountability, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 342-2739.