Classroom Procedures for School Year 2019 – 2020
- This is first and foremost a citizenship class. That means that you will be:
- Respectful. Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Responsible. Do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it.
- Resourceful. Find ways to be respectful and responsible.
- Be on time.
- Bring a notebook to class every day.
- Bring a pencil or pen to class every day.
- You may bring bottled water into the classroom.
- Leave all other food and beverages out of the classroom.
- Place your chewing gum in the trashcan.
- Leave your caps in your locker.
- TURN OFF any electronic devices such as cellular telephones, MP3 players, and iPods.
- Address SGM Drake, the Army Instructor (or AI) as “Sergeant Major Drake.”
- Address MAJ Summers, the Senior Army Instructor (or SAI) as “Major Summers.”
- Address all teachers and coaches by their proper title such as Mrs., Mr., or Coach.
- Address your cadet leadership by their rank, such as “Captain Jones.”
- One student at a time may sign out and use the hall pass.
- Meet and get into formation at the formation location. Meet at the Drill Pad during fair weather. Meet at the Commons during inclement weather.
- At the tardy bell, the Class Leader will call you to “ATTENTION,” and will call the roll.
- When your name is called, answer “Here, ma’am (or sir).”
- The Class Leader will march you to the classroom.
- Stand beside your desk at the position of “ATTENTION.”
- The Class Leader will lead the class in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and the Cadet Creed.
- When the Class Leader tells you to “Take, SEATS,” sit at your desk.
- At the end of class, the Class Leader will call you to “ATTENTION.”
- Stand up beside your desk and come to the position of “ATTENTION.”
- When the Class Leader says “FALL OUT,” gather your belongings and leave the classroom.
- Homework assignments are due immediately after the command of “Take, SEATS.”
- After you take your seat, pass any homework assignment forward to the front of the classroom.
- The person at the front of each row collects the assignments and gives them to the Class Leader.
- The Class Leader will give the assignments to the instructor.