To be successful in this class, students must be able to perform the following tasks and demonstrate the following skills at grade level or higher.
- Read and comprehend text and supplemental reading
- Communicate in writing AND verbally using standard grammar, sentence structure, and paragraph structure
- Understand and respond in writing and verbally to higher order or critical thinking questions
- Comprehend spoken and written terminology unique to the areas of study
- Actively participate in classroom discussions, by taking TURNS and listening to peers before speaking.
- Take accurate and useful notes
- Work effectively in cooperative learning groups
- Demonstrate independent study skills
- Students should be in their seats and ready to begin when the tardy bell rings.
- Students should be honest, courteous, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Students should bring all necessary materials to class every day (notebook, pen/pencil).
- Students are expected to follow all policies of the Tuscaloosa County Board of Education regarding tardies, standards of behavior, attendance, etc.
- Cell phones must remain in a student’s backpack/purse during class and should be on “silent” mode.
- Students are expected to complete all homework assignments, vocabulary, and study for tests.
- Students are expected to seek help when they have problem or need assistance.
- Students can expect to be given a second chance, if they take responsibility and are willing to admit fault.