• TCSS Human Resources/Payroll (and a little Technology Department)

    “Who to Contact for Help” Guide

    (Current as of October 1, 2018)

    Retirement System and PEEHIP - 1(877)517-0020                   

    Retirement System and PEEHIP Website- http://www.rsa-al.gov/

    RS and PEEHIP Member Online Service – https://mso.rsa-al.gov/

    ALL EMPLOYEES MUST ENROLL IN AND USE MEMBER ONLINE SERVICES. This website allows you to make changes to your contact information for RSA/PEEHIP, add a qualifying life event to PEEHIP (ex., birth of a child), etc.

    TCSS ONLINE EMPLOYEE SELF-SERVICE PORTAL – https://mypay.tcss.net. Users self-register, so there is no need to contact Central Office staff for a user ID/password. This self-service portal allows employees to make name changes (must attach copy of Social Security Card online and must also notify the Retirement System through Member Online Services). The portal will also allow you to print copies of your payroll checks and W-2 forms. You will need your employee ID to register (see your local bookkeeper if you do not know this). You will also receive an email from a gmail account to complete registration, so don’t be alarmed – it isn’t spam or worse!



    Who to Contact for Assistance

    Student Information System (INOW)

    Local School Administrator or INOW contact at school needs to contact Kirk Junkin – kjunkin@tcss.net

    Safe Schools (Employee Online Training)

    Local School Administrator or INOW contact at the school can assist employees or submit troubleshooting to Allison Mays – amays@tcss.net

    Door Access

    Local School Administrator needs to contact Beth Smith - bjsmith@tcss.net

    E-mail and Intranet Access, including forgotten user names/passwords AND name changes related to log in/network access (in addition to contacting payroll)

    See Local School Administrator first (if you are a new employee) or reset.tcss.net. If you cannot reset your password, see your Local School Administrator to obtain a work order.

    Education Directory (EdDir)

    Local School Administrator to contact Michael Townsend (send a list of new employees who cannot be imported to Mr. Townsend)

    STI-PD Chalkable

    Local School Administrator. If you are an experienced teacher from another system, please contact Debbie Patrick at dhpatrick@tcss.net


    Suzette Wyatt – swyatt@tcss.net

    Name/Address Change

    NOTE: Please use the TCSS online self-service portal


    Absence Management and Time and Attendance (including forgotten user names/passwords)

    Local School Bookkeeper or Administrator first. If still need assistance, contact Kimberly Cooper, Human Resources – khcooper@tcss.net

    On-the-Job Injury of Employee

    *Student accidents – Please send to Student Services

    Kimberly Cooper, Human Resources

    Principal/Supervisor needs to send completed OJI form within 24 hours of the injury.


    Kimberly Cooper, Human Resources  

    Volunteer Badges

    Badges will not be made without verification of principal approval that the individual volunteers on a regular basis.

    Pam Brown, Human Resources

    NOTE: Volunteer Badges will be made Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. or by appointment with Mrs. Brown.

    Personnel Action Forms

    Email to Allison Mays and cc: Dana Fisher

    Request to Post Position(s)

    Email to Allison Mays and cc: Pam Brown. Requests should be submitted by 2:00 p.m. for same day posting


    Email to Allison Mays and cc: Dana Fisher and Pam Brown

    TCSS Supplemental Contracts for Current Employees

    Dana Fisher, Human Resources

    Independent Contracts for Non-TCSS Employees (and all other contracts)

    Chris Poole, Secretary to CFSO

    Employment Verifications FOR School Systems/ALSDE/or Certification ONLY (NOT FOR INCOME VERIFICATION)

    Pam Brown, Human Resources. Requests must be made in writing or via email. Income verifications are made through payroll.

    Certification Questions

    Allison Mays or Dana Fisher, Human Resources

    ADA Employee Concerns

    Allison Mays, Human Resources

    Sexual Harassment Complaints

    Allison Mays, Human Resources

    Complaints may also be made to the Superintendent

    FMLA/Maternity Leave/Leave of Absence

    Dana Fisher, Human Resources. FMLA forms are available on the TCSS Intranet.

    Sick Leave Bank

    Janice Flanigan, Payroll. Forms are available on TCSS Intranet.

    Employment Verifications for income/credit purchases (Home, auto, boat, etc.)

    Designated Payroll Contact

    Any court document for garnishment, bankruptcy, etc. MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY!!!

    Janice Flanigan, Payroll

    Send original to Mrs. Flanigan ASAP because it is time-sensitive


    NOTE: Employees are required to enroll online upon hire and all TCSS employees should have a Members Online Services account with PEEHIP for address changes or to add a qualifying life event. This does NOT have to be done through the TCSS.

    1(877)517-0020 - PEEHIP

    Janice Flanigan, Payroll


    Teachers Retirement System

    NOTE: Employees should have a Members Online Services account. This is the same user name and login used for PEEHIP. This does NOT have  to be done through the TCSS.

    1(877)517-0020 – Teacher’s Retirement System

    Retirement Paperwork Assistance

    NOTE: We will not provide individual calculations for retirement purposes. All employees who are considering retirement should contact RSA directly to set up an appointment to have specific questions answered. We will, however, facilitate the processing of the Retirement Application Packet.

    Dana Fisher, Human Resources

    *Appointments preferred, particularly in April and May. Forms are available on the TCSS Intranet or in Human Resources.