Alabama One Credit Union was chartered in 1951 as the TRW Federal Credit Union. There were seven Charter Members and $35 in total assets. The Charter Members were:
- E.P. Randle, Jr.
- Madge T. Pool
- Julian A. Hoots
- Asa G. Trammell
- Charles L. Clark
- Wilton P. Gay
- Gray E. Hall
The name was changed to BF Goodrich Employees Federal Credit Union on July 18, 1973, and remained that through many years of growth and prosperity. In early 2001, BF Goodrich Employees Federal Credit Union was granted the status of a Community Credit Union. Membership was subsequently opened to all who live, work, worship or are educated in Tuscaloosa and Pickens Counties. In early 2009, the Credit Union was renamed Alabama One Credit Union.
Today, Alabama One Credit Union is a multi-million dollar full-service financial institution, serving all the residents of Tuscaloosa, Pickens, Mobile, Jefferson, and 18 other counties, including Fayette, Walker, Bibb, Hale, Greene, Lamar, Washington, Baldwin, Monroe, Escambia, Choctaw, Clarke, Wilcox, Marengo, Sumter, Morgan, Montgomery, and Shelby. It is still a member-owned organization with each member sharing equally in that ownership.
Annual membership meetings are held to give progress reports, elect a board of directors, a supervisory committee and conduct Credit Union business. The Board of Directors appoints committees to oversee the Credit Union. All board members and committee members are volunteers and receive no compensation for their service.