Creating Accessible Content
Checklist for Blackboard WCM Content Editors
While creating website content it is crucial to consider accessibility. There are a few basic steps that should be followed in order to assure your content is accessible:
- Add built-in Headings to document and do not skip numbers (e.g. jumping from Heading 1 to Heading 3)
- Use built-in List options (e.g. bullets or numbers)
- Add Alt Text for all images
- Make all links descriptive and don't use full url or "click here"
- Defined Table Headers and simplified Tables as much as possible
Blackboard Accessibility Help Site
Blackboard Training Site
Blackboard Accessibility PowerPoint Handout
Click Here for Resources Document
Disclaimer for External Links
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the School District of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The District bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.