TCSS 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
In October 2019, after more than a year of planning, research, analysis, and development, the Tuscaloosa County Board of Education approved a 2019-2024 Strategic Plan for the Tuscaloosa County School System.
The plan, Cultivating Tomorrow's Future, will guide the strategic work of the Tuscaloosa County School System over the next five years. All initiatives and allocation of resources are to be closely aligned with the goals of the strategic plan. The plan is divided into three key domains: Students, Staff, and Resources & Support. Within each domain, the plan highlights Objectives, Critical Initiatives, and Key Measures.
To learn more about the strategic plan, please review the entire Cultivating Tomorrow's Future document. The document includes:
- Details on how the plan was developed. The process included community meetings, a community survey, focus groups conducted at schools, Board of Education work sessions, and review of data.
- A glossary of terms used within the strategic plan.
- TCSS Mission Statement and Beliefs.
- An outline of the three domains of the plan, with action steps/activities provided within each area.
- Details on Key Measures contained in the plan.