School News & Headlines
Good Day Lake View Families,
I hope this finds you safe and well.
Plans have been finalized and are in place for packet deliveries, packet pick-up from school, and student bagged personal items which will include your child's math and reading workbooks.
The following plan is as follows:
Instructional Packets will be delivered by two means - Bus and School Pick-up.
* Bus packet delivery system will begin on Monday, April 6 with an afternoon bus delivery. Parents please be prepared to pick up packets at your child's normal afternoon bus stop. We are adding additional items to these stops so please be patient as we will be running longer than normal.
* On Tuesday, April 7 we will begin our school pick up for everyone. This includes our bus riders for personal bag pick up. Please drive by LVES between 8:30 am - 12:00 pm at the bus entrance to the school to pick up your child's packet and desk items. Please have your car rider tag posted or if you don't have one, please create one with your child's name, grade and homeroom teacher. Place the tag in the passenger side window for easy viewing. This will help make the process faster.
* We will also have a second pick up on Wednesday, April 8 from 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
* Our homework hot line will be available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of each week between the hours of 8:30 am - 12:00 pm. You will call the school at 205-342-2951 and we will direct your call based on grade level. This begins on April 7 and will end on May 21. We want you to know that we are here for you!! We don't want to add stress to our families in an already stressful time. If you need help in any way, please reach out to the office or your child's teacher. Our teachers will be calling each week to check on your child and answer any questions you may have. Please don't hesitate to call if you need more information or assistance.
* Our school office hours will be Monday thru Thursday from 8:30am - 12:00 noon.
* Reports Cards will be mailed next week. Please look for these in your mail.
* If you need to withdraw a student, please call the school to make arranagements. Office hours are Monday thru Thursday 8:30 am - 12:00 noon.
* If you have any questions, please call the school or check out the TCSS Help Line at 205-342-2920 We will have information on our Facebook page as well.
* Don't forget our TCSS Grab and Go Meals. Vance and Brookwood Elementary Schools serve daily from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm. Students must be in the vehicle and all TCSS students ages 18 and younger will be served a meal.
Thank you for being understanding and patience as we prepare our plan for our students. Students, we miss you and our wish is for you to stay safe and healthy.
Mrs. Roop and Mrs. Smith
Click here-- COVID-19 INFORMATION
Our schools Hope Initiative is....
At the VIEW, our students
And are Well Rounded
TCSS Introduces Anonymous Alerts
This year, TCSS is introducing a new tool to empower students to speak up about bullying and other concerns in our schools. Click this link to learn more about Anonymous Alerts and how it works.
Ways to Help Our School
Save your boxtops!!This money goes toward your child's classroom.Shop at PublixPlease visit publix.com/partners to learn how to turn your grocery spending into school funds.