Instructions to Register for Extended Day Online
1. Click on the link to the fillable Registration Form.
2. You must complete a form for EACH child you wish to enroll.
3. Type in your information in the form. Be sure to complete ALL areas and include complete contact information for everyone who is allowed to pick up your child from our program.
4. Download and save your form. PLEASE name each form the first and last name of the child. Ex: John Smith or Jane Doe. 5. Email Lula Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your form(s).
6. Send in your $12 registration fee along with tuition for the first week ($8/day or $35/week for M-F attendance) with your child in a clearly labeled envelope. Tuition is due the first day your child attends each week.
Medication Drop-OffParents may drop off medication and forms at the school on August 14 from 8-2:30, and August 17 from 10:30-2:30 and August 18-19 from 8-2:30. Medication and forms should only be given to the nurse. You must ring the buzzer at the front door and explain you are dropping off medication to the nurse. The nurse will come meet you at the door. If these dates and times do not fit your schedule, you will need to call the nurse and schedule an appointment to drop off the medication. No medications will be received at the meet and greet or on the first day of school.There is a link to the medication form on the school’s website.If your child uses a daily inhaler at school, and is age appropriate, please check with your doctor to see if your child should self carry and self administer at school.
Changes are coming to Walker Elementary!!
Thanks to Commissioner, Stan Acker, our children, parents, and visitors will be much safer and we will have more parking!
See below for the specifics:
(1) 38 parking spaces across Northside Road will be removed and will be replaced (2) with a new 45 parking space lot on the side of the connector road between the School and the PARA park. (3) A new sidewalk from the existing PARA lot will also be built and the (4) drainage issues in the existing parking lot in front of the school will be addressed and the lot itself being re-striped as a final step.
2020 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge
For an exciting eighth year, ALSDE has partnered with some of the country’s leading education organizations to “minimize the summer learning slide.”
The 2020 Alabama Summer Learning Challenge is being held May 18 until July 31. There are “tons” of FREE learning resources for students to use.
Alabama parents now have access to many great online resources, which can help continue their child’s learning and skill building throughout the summer – while they are away from the classroom:
- Big Universe - 18,000+ eBooks and essential literacy tools
- Lexile and Find a Book Alabama – Customizable book-search tool, which allows students to build fantastic individual-reading lists
- Stride - Cool blend of online math, reading, language arts, and science practice for every student interest
- Fuel Education – Great personalized learning activities for all students!
- MetaMetrics and Quantile are presenting the 2020 Summer Math Challenge!
- Learn at Home with Alabama Public Television (APT) – great education resources and videos
- Local and Statewide Library Media resources
- Many more summer learning resources for students and parents to use!
The 2020 Summer Learning Challenge webpage is located at https://www.alsde.edu/sec/comm/Pages/summer-learning.aspx