- Graduated Pickens Academy - Carrollton, Alabama - May 1984
- Bachelor of Science Degree - University of Alabama - May 1994
- Master of Arts Degree - University of Alabama - August 1998
- 2002 - Appointed as Clinical Master Teacher for The University of Alabama
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certified Teacher - 2006
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certified Teacher Renewal of Certification - 2016
- Summer 2008 and 2009 - AMSTI Trainer
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Candidate Support Provider - 2017
The 2019-2020 school year will begin my 26th year as an educator at Vance Elementary School. In August of 1994 I started teaching kindergarten. After teaching kindergarten for three years I looped to first grade with my wonderful class of kindergarten students. I taught first grade for one year and then went back to kindergarten where I stayed for the next three years. In Fall of 2001, I moved to second grade. I taught second grade until fall 2019 and then I became a reading and math interventionist. I truly love being a teacher and cannot imagine ever doing anything else with my life.
Outside of the classroom I enjoy worshipping and participating in church activities at Indian Lake Baptist Church in Northport, AL. I also enjoy spending time with family, including my husband, son, daughter and grand daughter. Spoiling Miss Lola Marie, my malti-poo, is another activity I enjoy. Hobbies of mine include traveling, reading and sewing.