Julie ReidEmail:email@example.comPhone:205.342.2658Grade: 3rd
· Graduated, Slidell High School 1984
· B.S. Elementary Education – University of New Orleans – 1988
· Myrtlewood Elementary – 2005-Present
· First Baptist Christian School – 2002-2005
· Trinity Episcopal Day School – 1993 – 2001
· Covenant Childcare Center - 1990 – 2001
· Edward Livingston Middle School – 1989
I was born and raised in the New Orleans area. After my first teaching job, I married my husband, Jim, and we moved to Phoenix, Arizona. Being married to a youth minister gave me the opportunity to live and teach in 4 different states! I have enjoyed working and living in some very diverse areas!
Jim is a bus driver for the TCCS System and he is also a missionary with The Grain Game. We just celebrated our 26h wedding anniversary! My daughter, Jordan was born while we were living in Natchez, Mississippi. She is a junior this year at TCHS. We have called Alabama home since 2005. My family loves it here and being LSU fans, we are trying to learn how to say Roll Tide!!! We attend North River Church and enjoy working with the youth. As a family we love to watch movies, hike, and travel together! This past summer we went to Ireland and England. We enjoyed three weeks of mission work and look forward to where the Lord sends us next!
I have taught third grade since coming to Myrtlewood. I think third grade rocks!!! I am looking forward to another great year!