(205) 342-2939 Email
I have been teaching for twenty-five years. This year I will be teaching second grade.
I live in Tuscaloosa with my husband, Mark. We have two daughters. Katie starts her teaching career in third grade at Stonebridge Elementary in Brandon, Mississippi. Emily is a sophomore in pre-nursing at Mississippi State University. I love spending time with my family. We enjoy camping in the fall and spring. We also like spending time at the beach and going on road trips in the summer.
My hobbies include playing the piano, reading, and gardening. My favorite children's book is Buzzy, the Bumblebee. Red is my favorite color, and the Crimson Tide is my favorite team. Roll Tide Roll!!!
I am also a member of Valley View Baptist Church. At Valley View I teach a fifth grade Bible study class.
You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.-Winston Churchill
I graduated from Bibb County High School in 1993 and the University of Montevallo in 1997. I have a BS degree in Early Childhood/Elementary Education. In 2004 I earned National Board Certification. I renewed my National Board Certification in 2013.
- Kindergarten (1997 - 2001)
- Kindergarten (2001 - 2003)
- First Grade (2003 - 2004), (2007 - 2008), and (2017 - 2018)
- First Grade Reading Specialist (2004 - 2007) and (2008 - 2015)
- Second Grade Reading Specialist (2015-2017)
- Second Grade (2018- present)
- Technology Coach (2011 - 2019)