Duncanville Middle School Counseling Program Vision Statement
The vision of the Duncanville Middle School Counseling program is that students realize their true value and worth and are contributing productive citizens. They demonstrate mastery of the critical academic, career, and social-emotional skills necessary for success. They have the grit and resilience needed to achieve success and reach their fullest potential as adults.
Duncanville Middle School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of the school counseling program at Duncanville Middle School is to provide all students with equitable access to a comprehensive program that addresses the academic, career, and social-emotional needs of every student. As the leader of this program, the school counselor will consistently advocate for what is in the best interest of students, both individually and collectively. In addition, they will collaborate with all stakeholders to make data informed decisions that meet the needs of the whole child and thereby enable all students to become college/career ready graduates who make positive contributions to our global society.
Duncanville Middle School Counseling Program Beliefs
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- School counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.
- All students should be treated with respect no matter their race, ethnicity, culture, gender, religion, etc.
- Each and every student has worth and dignity. The school counselor advocates for all students because they all matter.
Professional School CounselorKristie Crosskdcross@tcss.net(205)342-2830 x3GO EAGLES!