Flatwoods Elementary School Counseling Program Vision Statement
The vision of the counseling program at Flatwoods Elementary School is that all students realize their potential and worth by being life-long learners as well as responsible citizens. They are able to successfully handle social and emotional situations successfully. They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and trustworthy adults who are making a positive impact in their home, workplace, and community.
Flatwoods School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of Flatwoods Elementary School Counseling Department is to provide all students with equal success to comprehensive and developmentally appropriate counseling services which promote equity in achievement. Students will be taught to be compassionate towards others, accountable for their actions, trustworthy so that others can count on them, and successful in all they do in life. Through the leadership of the school counselor, students will focus on their academic, career, and social/emotional growth which promotes the well-being of the whole child. The school counselor will be an advocate for every student’s needs so they will be college and career ready graduates and ready to be a thriving participant in the global society.
Flatwoods Counseing Beliefs:
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachrs, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education,
- Every student should graduate from high achool prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- School counselors are leaders in the school. district, state, and nation.
- School counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.