- Contact Information
- School Zones
- Enrolling in a Tuscaloosa County School
- Transfers Into The School System
- Attendance Policy and Regulations
- Student Conduct / Discipline
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Dress Code and Backpacks
- Anti-Harassment / Bullying
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- School Transcripts / Graduation Verifications
- Non-Public Schooling in Alabama
- Child Labor Work Permits
- Documents and Forms
- Accountability Reports - Student Achievement and School Safety and Discipline
- Accountability Reports - School Safety and Discipline
- Annual Attendance Reports
- ATTEND Survey
- Title IX
The Tuscaloosa County School System believes that regular school attendance is important to students and to the school system. Regular attendance by students facilitates development of the skills and knowledge necessary to function in a democratic society. Therefore, the Board endeavors to secure, in compliance with Alabama law, the prompt and regular attendance of students and to secure their proper conduct and to hold the parents/guardians or other persons in charge or control of students responsible and liable for such students' nonattendance and improper conduct.
It is important that each person connected with the school system understand the importance of maintaining a consistent set of behavior standards in order to establish a positive learning environment. This can only be accomplished in schools where the environment is free from distraction caused by disruptive behavior. Creating such an environment requires the cooperation of the parents/guardians, students, Board of Education and all employees of the school system.
The Student Services Department is here to assist schools, parents/guardians and students in understanding the rules and policies of the school system regarding attendance, discipline and state laws. We also provide information regarding school zones, enrollment, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, non-public schooling in Alabama, school transcripts and child labor work permits. Please contact us if we can be of assistance to you.