EAP - Employee Assistance Program
The Tuscaloosa County School System offers all its employees, their spouses and dependent children access to an Employee Assistance Program at no additional cost to the employee. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is located at 201 Towncenter Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, which is off McFarland Boulevard.You can contact EAP at (205) 650-0576 or toll-free at 1-877-221-6651. You may also email EAP at email@example.com. For other contact information as well as the EAP website, please visit Riveroakshealth.org.
Resources include, but are not limited, to the following:
· Access to licensed, experienced mental health professionals from the disciplines of counseling, psychology and social work
· Confidential assessments and short-term counseling for employee, spouse and dependent children
· Work-life website that offers more than 5,000 up-to-date articles, webinars and other resources to help with life situations – personal finances, aging parents, etc.
· Counseling to cope with personal life problems, such as marital strife, legal or financial issues, stress, emotional problems, family problems, drug- or alcohol- related problems and/or grieving a loved one
· Other services are offered as well, including an online library of resources that may be helpful with various issues. This resource is called the “Work/Life Portal”. To access the portal, go to the Employee Assistance Tab on the Riveroakshealth.org website, click on Worl/Life Portal to access the online library of resources. Our company username is TCSS.
EAP counselors are readily available to you away from our premises for counseling or referral to other professionals where this is indicated. Employees can directly access these services or a supervisor may refer an employee to receive confidential services.
In the event that an issue cannot be resolved or significantly improved in one to five sessions the EAP specialist may do referrals to other resources, such as private practice psychologists, mental health clinics, etc., at which time the employee becomes responsible for that cost. Every effort is made by the EAP to refer clients to cost-effective, quality services.