Welcome to the Brookwood Middle School Band Program!
Hello BMS Band Family!
I know many of you have so many questions and concerns. I hope to address some of those in this message. Please know, if you need anything or if I can be of any help to you, reach out to me in some way (email or Facebook page will probably get the best response). I love our students dearly, and I miss getting to see their faces and make music together everyday.
Please check the Band Website regularly, as I will be posting resources to help your student stay engaged with their instrument and making music.
**One of the questions I've received is how and when you can drop off or pick up band instruments. You will be able to do this on Friday, April 3 from 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
You will need to pull up to the back door of the Band Room on the bus side of the school.
* If you are dropping off a school-owned instrument, there will be a designated place on the sidewalk for you to place the instrument and maintain the appropriate 6-foot social distancing.
* If you are picking up your instrument, someone will bring it out to your vehicle when you pull up.
* If you need to return your instrument to Art's Music Shop for some reason, you need to contact their store directly to make arrangements. Their phone number is 205-995-8376.
* If you need to return your instrument to Gadsden Music for some reason, you can drop it off or leave it at the Band Room. They will send a representative out to pick them up next week.
* If you have financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact the music store that you are purchasing your instrument from and request some financial assistance.
I know we will get through this together and come out the other side even better than before! Stay safe and healthy!