Through the TCSS Virtual Learning Program, the Tuscaloosa County School System provides students the option to complete courses by way of an online, virtual platform. Virtual courses, which align with the Alabama College and Career Ready Standards, offer students the benefits of time, flexibility, and program customization.
Students who utilize the virtual program also assume increased responsibility in personal time management, organization, self-direction, and personal discipline to complete course and school requirements.
The virtual learning program is for students who will be in grades 9 through 12 during the 2019-2020 school year.
To learn much more about the program, visit the Virtual Learning Handbook link at the bottom of this page.
Important Information for Students and Parents
- Window for completing the online application and survey is June 1 - July 20, 2019
- Required student/parent orientation session at the TCSS Central Office (1118 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401)
- Friday, July 26, 2019, from 8:30 AM until 12:00 PM
- Students accepted to the program report to the Central Office on August 8, 2019, for their first day of school.
- After August 8, 2019, students have 5 days to determine whether or not they wish to continue the program.
- After August 15, 2019, students will remain a full-time online students for the duration of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Students who fall an entire unit behind have accrued an equivalent of 10 unexcused absences; therefore, a referral will be made to EWP.
Select the links below for more information about the TCSS Virtual Learning Program.
- 2019-2020 TCSS Virtual Learning Handbook
- Learning Program Assessment Schedule - Computer Lab Availability