- Fayette County High School -graduated 1990
- Mississippi State University - Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education 1994
- Mississippi State University - Master's Degree in Elementary Education 1995
- Taught 6th grade for two years at Fifth Street School in West Point, MS
- Taught 3rd grade for eleven years at Faucett-Vestavia
- Taught 4th grade for seven years at Faucett-Vestavia
- Currently teaching 5th grade at Faucett-Vestavia
I grew up in Fayette, Alabama. After graduating, I attended Mississippi State University. It was a great experience. (Go State!) After graduate school, I worked for a year at WCBI Television Station in Columbus, Mississippi. I then taught two years in West Point, Mississippi. I always wanted to come back to Alabama to live and work. I was so excited to move to Northport and begin teaching at Faucett-Vestavia. A little later, I met my husband Jonathan. We have been married for fourteen years. We love playing and spending time with our precious boys, Jon Douglas, who is currently in 6th grade, and Ben, who is a 3rd grader. I also enjoy teaching group fitness classes and spending time with family and friends.