Brandi C. Shanklin
205-342-2800 ext. 3
I am Brandi Shanklin, school counselor for grades 9 and 10. This is my fifteenth year in education and my fifth year as a school counselor. I have been married for sixteen years and have three children. Faith, family, and purpose keep me grounded.
Read more about my education and experience below:
- 2003-Bachelor of Arts in English Language Arts from Stillman College
- 2010- Master of Teaching in English Language Arts from The University of West Alabama
- 2016- Master of Education in Professional School Counseling from The University of West Alabama
- Hillcrest High School, School Counselor (2019-present)
- Sipsey Valley High School, School Counselor (2016-2019)
- Sipsey Valley High School, English Language Arts teacher (2010-2016)
- Greensboro High School, English Language Arts teacher (2006-2010)
Hillcrest High School Counseling Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Hillcrest High School Counseling program is to provide all students with equal access to a school counseling program that promotes academic, college/career, and social/emotional support. All students are empowered to become productive citizens of a global society, in the home, workforce and community through programs and services that meet the individual and collective needs of students. The school counseling program teaches students to be caring and respectful citizens by teaching about the many different cultures in their community and world at large. As a leader, the school counselor advocates for social justice for all and equity in access to resources that aid student growth and development one student at a time. This is done through collaborative efforts with school administrators, parents, students, teachers, and other community members and stakeholders. The school counselor promotes the counseling program and educates all stakeholders on the important role of the school counselor in student development.