Matthews Elementary Headlines & Features
Learn more about the strategy that will guide the work of TCSS over the next five years.
TCSS Introduces Anonymous Alerts Communications Tool
Please come by MES Basement Area for Free Library Books!
MES Instructional Packets week May 18-22, 2020
MES Instructional Packets week May 11-16, 2020
MES Instructional Packets week May 4-8, 2020
MES Instructional Packets week April 27-May 1, 2020
MES Instructional Packets week April 20-24, 2020
Matthews Elementary Instructional Packets week April 13-17, 2020
Matthew Elementary Student Instructional Packets week April 6-10, 2020
Important information from MES Family....
- The Home Learning Helpline will be available for all students Monday-Thursday from 8:30-12:00. Your child’s teacher may not be available on the day you call, but a teacher will be available to assist you. No one is allowed in the building at this point.
- Mrs. Nancy, our translator, will be available to answer calls every Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30-12:00.
- Due to a recent change by our District Transportation department, Student Instructional packets will be delivered on April 7, April 21, and May 5th. You will receive two weeks at a time. Everyone must come by the school next Wednesday to pick up your 2nd packet. This will be for car riders and bus riders. Buses will not run again until April 21. Packets will put out front at 8:30 and will be left out all day and evening.
- You should have received our child's Infosnap code for registration. You must register online by May 15. You cannot come to the school to register.
- We do not have a date for Kindergarten registration. This will be determined by the State Dept.
- Bostic, our school counselor will be available Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:30-12:00.
- Englebert, our social worker will be available as needed. Please call the school and leave a message for her.
- If you need to withdraw a child or you are a new enrollee, you must answer a questionnaire before being allowed to do so. It is a series of questions about COVID-19. This is not optional, so please prepared to answer questions over the phone or at the school door.
- Please return any library books or textbooks to the school. There will be a box or tub sitting outside next Wednesday labeled return books.
- La linea de ayuda Aprendiendo en Casa, estará dispinible para todos los estudiantes de Lunes–Jueves de 8:30–12:00. La maestra de su hijo posiblemente no éste disponible el día que usted hable, sin embargo habrá una maestra lista para ayudarle.
- Debido a los cambios por el Departamento de Transportación del Distrito, los paquetes de aprendizaje serán entregados por el camión el 21 de Abril y el 5 de Mayo. Usted recibirá 2 semanas de trabajo en cada entrega.
- Todos nuestros padres deberán venir este próximo Miercoles 15 de Abril a recoger su paquete(s), los paquetes estarán afuera de la escuela a partir de las 8:30a.m. durante todo el día y noche. Los camiones No correrán para hacer entregas de los paquetes antes del 21 de Abril y 5 de Mayo.
- Por favor regresen los libros que pertenecen a la Libreria de la escuela y libros de texto. Habrá una caja de plastico este próximo Miercoles con el letrero: Return Books.
- Usted debebio haber recibido el código de infosnap de su hijo(os) para registrarlos, tiene hasta el 15 de Mayo para terminar la registración.
We hope you are continuing to encourage academics with your child during the time that school is closed. Below are some free educational sites for you and your child to visit. Please be safe and we hope to see everyone on April 6th!
AL State Report Card
Matthews Elementary has a current score of 67/D on the Alabama State Report Card. This is a significant increase from last year. Our vision is to create a school of collaboration to increase literacy comprehension and overall student success. We are headed in the right direction and we must have continued support from family and community to help Matthews be successful. Academic achievement and chronic absenteeism are major components of our school’s score. We must have your support in reinforcing academics at home and your commitment to sending your child to school every day. Your support is greatly valued and appreciated by Matthews Elementary staff.
TCSS Introducing New Community Engagement Program This FallTCSS U is a new way for families and community members to learn more about our school system. Applications are being accepted now through Friday, September 20, 2019, for the program. Learn more here: TCSS Launching New Community Engagement Program, Applications Now Available.