The TCSS Connect Initiative has issued iPads to all kindergarten through fifth grade students. Here are some key things to remember:
- Students in grades 3-5 will be eligible to bring these ipads home.
- Not all iPad cases will look the same.
- The iPad is a "required, educational tool", like a textbook.
- "If an iPad is damaged, destroyed, or lost, the cost to repair or replace the device will be the responsibility of the student and their parent or guardian."
- Optional insurance is available for $50 per student. You may pay by cash, check or myschoolbucks.
- Students in grades 3-5 are expected to have their iPad at school each day, fully charged. The charger, supplied by the district, will be kept at home.
- If there is an attempt to access inappropriate content on the device, the content will be blocked, just like it would be at school, and the school will receive an alert.
- Devices must be returned if a student withdraws from a school or at the end of the student's term at a school (5th graders).
Click here for an informative video about the iPad initiative, TCSS Connect.
Visit this page for more information about TCSS Connect.