Return to Headlines
- If you are interested in receiving a copy of a free book, this month’s Library give away is titled The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. There are a limited number of copies, and they are first come, first served. Please see Mrs. Speigner or Mr. Hatton in the library for your copy. One book per person, please.
- Hillcrest has ordered yearbooks for the 2019 School Year. We are only ordering 25 extra yearbooks. So, if you didn’t order a yearbook, the extras will be sold on a first come, first served basis at Schedule Pick Up right before the 2019-2020 school year.
- Attention bowling team, if you have not paid your bowling fees, please do so as soon as possible.
- Volleyball try-outs are at Hillcrest High School Wednesday, April 24th, from 4:30-6:30. Participants who are trying out need to know there will be no late admission, and you must bring a cleared physical form to try out. If you played at Hillcrest Middle or at Duncanville Middle, bring a copy of your physical form.
- Seniors - It's signing day on April 24th! All seniors will report to the theatre during 5th period. Cap and gowns will be given out to students who have paid their Jostens balance. Jostens will be accepting payments on this day. Seniors will sign a banner and have their picture taken on the stairs wearing their college t-shirt.
- It is your last chance to get a senior ad or buddy page in the yearbook. If you have any questions, please ask Mr. Davis in room 203. Deadline is April 26th.
- Are you interested in Trying out for the 2020 Hillcrest Soccer team. Tryouts will be next week here at the school. Girls tryouts will be on Monday, April 29th and Tuesday, April 30th, and boys’ tryouts will be Wednesday, May 1st and Thursday, May 2nd. Tryouts will be each day from 3:30-5pm. Each player needs an up-to-date physical to tryout. If you would like more information see Coach Nolen or Miss Ware.
Seniors must pay all their school fees by May 9th to participate in the graduation ceremony.