Return to Headlines
- If you are interested in receiving a copy of a free book, this month’s Library give away is titled The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston. There are a limited number of copies, and they are first come, first served. Please see Mrs. Speigner or Mr. Hatton in the library for your copy. One book per person, please.
- Hillcrest has ordered yearbooks for the 2019 School Year. We are only ordering 25 extra yearbooks. So, if you didn’t order a yearbook, the extras will be sold on a first come, first served basis at Schedule Pick Up right before the 2019-2020 school year.
- Attention bowling team, if you have not paid your bowling fees, please do so as soon as possible.
- Attention Sophomores and Juniors: If you are interested in joining the Hillcrest Interact Club, applications may be picked up from Mrs. Payne or Mrs. Wilkerson. Applications and $25.00 are due on TODAY, April 17.
- "The Hillcrest Theatre Department has had quite a year, between winning awards at State Competitions, our fantastic production of "The Wizard of Oz," and our upcoming production of "Steel Magnolias." This coming Friday night, the Theatre Department will present its annual fundraiser, entitled "Showcase of the Stars" Please join us Friday, April 19th at 7:00 pm for a night of highlights from a very special year of Hillcrest Theatre! Please see Mr. Jones for more information.
- Volleyball try-outs are at Hillcrest High School Wednesday, April 24th, from 4:30-6:30. Participants who are trying out need to know there will be no late admission, and you must bring a cleared physical form to try out. If you played at Hillcrest Middle or at Duncanville Middle, bring a copy of your physical form.
- Seniors - It's signing day on April 24th! All seniors will report to the theatre during 5th period. Cap and gowns will be given out to students who have paid their Jostens balance. Jostens will be accepting payments on this day. Seniors will sign a banner and have their picture taken on the stairs wearing their college t-shirt.
- It is your last chance to get a senior ad or buddy page in the yearbook. If you have any questions, please ask Mr. Davis in room 203. Deadline is April 26th.
- Seniors must pay all their school fees by May 9th to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Just as a reminder Ultimate Frisbee Club is meeting after school at 3:30 by the flagpole Wednesday afternoons. Everyone is more than welcome.
- Everyone is invited to attend The Fellowship of Christian Students every Thursday morning from 7:30-7:55 in Mr. McDonald's room, 218.