- Hillcrest High School
Return to Headlines
- Students can REPLACE their grade(s) from the 1st 9-weeks by completing coursework online using the Edgenuity platform. They can enroll in course(s) they failed with a 49 or lower for the 1st 9-weeks. There is no cost to enroll in the course(s). Please read the attached document of expectations before completing the application. The application is due by Friday, Oct. 30th. Students will begin courses on Monday, Nov. 2.
- Hillcrest theatre is having virtual auditions for their production of the hilarious musical The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Auditions should be submitted by October 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Mr. Jones for more information.
- Seniors who want help with college or scholarship applications, see Mrs. Hughes in room 301to sign up for her college application workshops on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through November.
- Students, remember to ask your parents to write your excuse when you are absent. Bring the excuse to the office as soon as you return to the building after being absent. You only have a few days to bring in your excuse. The office is ready to help you with this starting at 7:35 each morning and throughout the school day.
- October’s FREE BOOK giveaway has started. If you are interested in receiving a free copy of Cinder by Marissa Meyer, please stop by the library and see Mrs. Speigner or Mr. Hatton. Available copies are limited to first come, first served. One copy per student, please.
- The Tuscaloosa County Commission is excited to announce that high school students can intern at the voting polls. Students who intern will receive $50 and an excused absence from school on November 3rd. Students must be 16 years old or older, passing all classes, and interested in the electoral process. To register, call 205-464-8314.
- Attention 9th graders and students who are new to Hillcrest this year. If you have a library book that you were unable to turn in in the spring, please bring it by the library here, and we will return the book for you. For all returning students returning late library books to Hillcrest, your fee will be waived when you return your book to the library.
- Grades 10 - 12: Students who want to take dual enrollment at Shelton in the spring need to apply by November 13th.