Return to Headlines
- This week is American Education Week. What do Oprah Winfrey, Lin Manuel Miranda, John Legend, and Bill Gates have in common? They all attribute their success to their teachers. Educators can influence their students in ways they never imagine. Be sure to remember to thank educators who have had a positive impact in your life.
- This is Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week! The DoSomething Club will be having their first meeting on TODAY after school at 3:20 in the library to discuss the campaign for poverty and working towards social change through groundbreaking service and community. Anyone can attend and become a member. Hope to see you there!
- Pats’ Book Club will meet this Thursday, November 21st to discuss the book Hey, Kiddo. Book club members will report to the library during their Enrichment period.
- If you need help with math, there is math after-school tutoring every Tuesday 3:15 – 4:00. The math tutoring is provided by Mu Alpha Theta in Mrs. Dennis’ room (408).
- National Honor Society tutoring is available for core subjects and all grades after school from 3:15-4:00 on Wednesdays in Mrs. Hydrick’s room (401). No sign up is necessary. During the school day, NHS tutors Juniors and Seniors during 6th period Enrichment on Tuesday. NHS tutors seniors only on Thursdays during senior Enrichment.
- Peer Helpers are available to tutor 9th and 10th grader students during 9th and 10th grade Enrichment. Grades 11-12: The National Guard wants to take students on college visits, feed them lunch, and explain how they can have their college tuition paid for. See Mrs. Woodroof ASAP if you are interested.
- Students who want to receive a dual enrollment scholarship for the spring term at Shelton should see a counselor ASAP. Applications will be accepted now through December 6th.
- Seniors who did not submit a Jostens order form will need to go to jostens.com to place their cap and gown order.